Set in the heart of Glens of Antrim, the Londonderry Arms Hotel is a renowned family heritage hotel.
The hotel started life as a Coaching Inn built in 1848 by Frances Ann Vane Tempest, Marchioness of Londonderry.
The estate passed down through generations and eventually was inherited by Sir Winston Churchill in 1921; the Deeds of his ownership are displayed in the hotel.
in 1947 Frank and Moira O’Neill took over its ownership and over seven decades they, along with their son Frankie O’Neill, lovingly restored and enhanced the hotel, retaining the grandeur of the Georgian features.
The Architecture is complimented by antique furniture. The walls are decorated with local artwork and evidence of local history through newspaper clippings and photographs.
Our guests have been returning year after year to enjoy our local food, the rugged beauty of the spectacular Antrim Coast Road and Glens of Antrim.
The heritage, comfort and a sense of belonging awaits you in this historic hotel which is now run by Denise O’Neill and her dedicated team which will ensure a memorable visit.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
2017 was a special year for Mary Mc Auley our Restaurant Manager who celebrated a career spanning 50 years in the Londonderry Arms Hotel. Mary has been looking after Hotel guests since she started her career in 1967. She has been a popular and key member of staff and her professionalism has contributed enormously to the popularity of the Hotel. In addition to celebrations in the Hotel Mary and her family and friends were hosted by Mid and East Antrim Mayor, Councillor Paul Reid at a Reception in October 2017.The Mayor, Councillor Reid, paid tribute to Mary’s… “boundless enthusiasm and passion for her job, the Hotel and the local area. He continued… “that it was a huge honour to welcome Mary and reflect on her incredible five decades of service,” and he concluded by describing Mary as “…a true ambassador for the Londonderry Arms, Carnlough and Mid and East Antrim as a whole”